October 10, 2009

First of all...

...I'm so sorry it has been so long since anyone posted on here! School is kicking everyone's butts around here and essay and studying is a bigger priority than this blog. :)

So let me just jump right in and update you all on this situation with Jeremy that I talked about in the last post I wrote. I made up my mind to just crush him the next opportunity I had. that's the good news. I know most of the people who commented (and thanks for your input!) said that is what I should do, and I know you're right. The problem is, I haven't had an opportunity. The reason why I haven't already crushed him is because he fluctuates between flirting and ignoring. He'll be all nasty and then he won't talk to me for a month or so, which gives me enough time to feel confident that he is finally backing off before he strikes again. this time, however, I am not going to let myself feel comfortable with the idea that he took all the hints I've given him that I'm not attracted at all, and I'll be ready if/when he tries something smooth again. If only he were perceptive enough to just leave me alone, as well as all the other girls he toys around with. Ugh...

There is a formal coming up before too long that I am nervous about. It's girl's choice, and I honestly don't know who I am going to ask. I may just end up not going, even though I am helping out with decorating and food. It is so frustrating to not know of a single person who I would like to spend a few hours with that doesn't already have a girlfried or a fiancee. Maybe I'm being really picky, but I don't want to settle for less. Maybe I'm just taking things too seriously though. :)

Thoughts? I love comments! And thanks to everyone who has left one!

-Kaylee

7 comments:

noyb said...

be picky! i am not saying you have to find your prince charming and make this dance the first chapter to your happily ever after story, just dont go with any joe schmoe just to get a date.

Summer said...

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to settle. It's so important to go with someone you know you will have fun with and make sure it's not someone you invite just for the sake of having someone. This is your time to like noyb said begin a happily ever after and the best way to start is by being brave and inviting someone you really WANT to invite.

Anonymous said...

i think you have to be picky. there is nothing wrong with that!

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

tsk tsk tsk

Aside from disagreeing with you completely and think this whole post is a pretentious high maintenance whiny yarn... I had such high hope for a good readable product from your blog.

Oh well.

Brenn said...

MBP -- out of curiosity, which part do you disagree with? The not going for lack of a better date option? Interested in your opinion!

Kaylee -- I'm sure it's way past your formal, but I always take my best guy friend when I can't think of a date I'd be comfortable with. Fun night, no pressure -- win/win!

Anonymous said...

Dirty dishes are dirty dishes...if you're uncomfortable, you're uncomfortable. That is the spirit letting you know that something is not right for you...you only. Hang out in the kitchen and help clean or bring a camera and take photos to the next dance to be a part of everyone else if you feel alone without a date.
let him know you're feeling there's a flow missing between the two of you when you see him and you'd rather love him as a person from a distance. if he doesn't comply...tell the bishop to tell him.
to thine own self be true,
huggs, ash

Quinn said...

I'm cool with you not going, but only if you promise that as a mother, teacher, aunt, sister, youth leader, etc., etc, you will never try to put a guy on a guilt trip for wanting to skip out on a dance when you know "SO MANY cute girls that are going to end up sitting alone because 20% of the girls get 80% of the dates."
Ha ha, not that it matters what I'm cool with, but seriously, I grew up in a mostly LDS community and took a lot of crap for skipping out on ONE PROM in my high school career because the only two really attractive girls that I thought I might want to go with had already said yes to some other dudes