September 6, 2009

Hola!

So I (Kaylee) get to have the first shot at this thing apparently... I'm so excited for this whole blog thing, but I honestly don't know where to start when it comes to what I wish the guys knew or would do or the things that really turn me off. I guess I'll start with the one thing that I (and really, most LDS girls) look for in a guy. And that is a testimony.

Yeah, yeah... it sounds corny to a lot of people. And I probably look like a little Molly Mormon right now. But you know what? I am okay with that because I'd much rather be known as a goody two-shoes than a skanky twit.

Let me explain why a testimony is so important to me and the majority of the female LDS population in general. When a guy has a really strong testimony, as in he really believes in the things we are taught AND applies them to his daily life, everything he does is affected by that. What he says, how he dresses, the interests and pursuits and desires he has. Especially as relates to women.

I am well aware that men tend to be pretty physical and visual. And I really don't consider that to be a bad thing, as long as it is controlled and/or appropriate. But the determining factor (in most cases) seems to be whether the guy has a strong testimony or not. I have known and dated quite a few guys. More than I like to admit, honestly. And the guys that did not have a real interest in the church or in gaining/maintaining a testimony were the ones that treated me the worst.

One of them, named Jared, was especially bad. Sure he was an RM, sure he went to church and did his home teaching every month and was working on his food storage and that that jazz... but his heart wasn't into it. He was a charmer, very charismatic, but he didn't see me as much more than a girl with a nice body. I play on my college's volleyball team so I'm in pretty good shape.

On the other hand, another guy I dated named Bryan was completely opposite. We rarely even kissed or anything. We would go over to each others apartments and just talk. We would talk for hours and hours about everything under the sun. We'd discuss our hopes and dreams, worries and stresses, school and work, etc. We'd talk about the gospel and the scriptures, and that was always the best. He was squeaky clean, but not boring at all. He knew how to have fun, but he also know that the only real "fun" would be things that would keep him close to the Lord. We only broke up because he moved to the East Coast for college, and it was right for me to keep my scholarship to BYU and stay here in Provo. We are still good friends though, we just didn't want to do the whole long distance ordeal. Who knows, maybe he'll come back to Provo and things will work out?

But I'm rambling now... haha. So yep, that is part of the reason why a testimony is so important to me, although there are a lot more things I could (and in the future I probably will) say about this subject. Stay tuned... I'm sure my girls have a lot of things to say, and I'm excited to hear their opinions too!

♥-Kaylee

7 comments:

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

Oh snap! You live in Provo... way too far for me, not many girls are worth an hour in a half round trip and ($12 in gas)everytime I want to see her.

Hopefully you girls don't end up being too cool. We shall see.

-Jake

Mormon Bachelorette Pad said...

Considering the fact that we all aren't burdened with too much spare time like certain people, you might not need to worry too much. None of us are going to spend a lot of time writing or advertising. But I guess we shall see, won't we? :)

Anonymous said...

I like the bachelor pad a lot better and obviously all the fans do to.

Cassee said...

Oh my gosh, you're basing your observation off of two posts...

It's just for fun, jeez.

Anyways, you girls do yo' thannnng. :)

Anonymous said...

No I agree... Not as good as MBP. I need some dating stories or something. I can go to LDS.org for testimonies.

Summer said...

I think it's a cute idea to put a womans perspective on things however I do love the bachelor pad guys, but I just want to say I think one of the most attractive things for me in guys is when you can see they are so strong in their beliefs and the church. Anywho cute blog ladies!

CarrieBradshaw* said...

I just want to say even if the typical "mormon boy" isn't usually my cup of tea a strong testimony is definitely on the top of my list of requirements. If he loves the Lord first, he will always take care of you and your family. Not saying it makes him a saint, but it's a good foundation.

And secondly, this blog will definitely be a bore unless you include some hot stories and gossip. At least that's what I wanna hear. Don't let me down. :) I probably know all ya'll